Friday, December 2, 2016

our baby is 1!!!

This last month has been a long one for us. It started off actually on october when I got some kind of sick that I had never been before. It was bad. Knocked me out clean. It was too bad because chris and Regan were here and I spent the whole weekend doing the death sleep as brady calls it. Even after I still didn't feel right. We pushed through halloween because...it was halloween and I finally made our sesame street costumes. haha. So we had to go somewhere! Theo was oscar the grouch, brady the garbage man, jude super grover and i was big bird. We went to the church party and then i came home and slept. On monday, the 31st, regan was still here and we went to trick or treating. And this is when theo got it. He had a fever and just looked kind of ill. We gave him medicine and figured he would get better. On and off and on and off his fever came. It worsened and worsened and I slowly got better and jude slowly got better but theo never really did. It finally started to affect his breathing when he fever got up to 105.9. That was a bad scary day. I undressed him, put wet rags underneath his arm pit and waited for it to go down. We didn't take him to the emergency room because I know what they would have done. They would have done the same thing...especially if it was coming down with medication. And it always did. After that fever however, his breathing never really improved. I waited a couple more days maxing out on medicines for him, calling his pediatrician and just cuddling him on the couch doing nothing else. Finally brady and i decided that something was wrong. He looked too sick. And although it was coming and going, his fever and ill-looking self, was coming more often and more often. Although the on-call pedicatrian told me that it was normal for babies to breath fast when they had a fever and not to worry, we sent a video to dr ludomisrky. We never heard back, so we waited and waited and then i called and it went straight to the out of the country ring. Then we knew he was in israel. We really didn't want to go to the ER if we didn't have too so we wanted to wait to see what he would say....so we waited while we held our sick little baby. We finally decided I should go and just as I got all ready and almost out the door, theo perked up, his fever left and he lifted his head and smiled. Oh gosh, we couldn't be one of those people who gets to the ER and they say whats wrong..."you mean to tell me you brought you happy, afebrile baby to the ER at 1 am because he is 'sick'"? so i took him off my pack, went back to nurse him and we thought he is fine. Just then dr ludomirsky called back and said yes it was fine to wait until tomorrow when we would go to his office. I then said that it looked like his fever was coming back. we both decided that it would be a good idea to go to the ER at NYU just to rule out pneumonia and endocarditis. We went and we stayed. For RSV, pneumonia and rule out endocarditis. Oh man it was a long 4 days but kind of a tender mercy. I was able to hold and cuddle sweet theo for that whole time!

We finally got out and we are now on the mend...despite the fact that jude just contracted norovirus somewhere. (eye roll). BUT today is theo's birthday! One year old! Man, i don't know how that went so fast and so slow.

Lets see, his latest and greatest are taking your hands and making them clap. If you give him your hands, he will rearrange them so he is holding thm in s good way to clap them for you. And his smile...melts me. Another one of his greatest--just since last night! is making cooing sounds!!!!!!! thats huge! its bababababa. He is great at rolling and so cute how he sits up in a matter of less than a second. Even when he is not feeling great and fussy, he has his eyes closed and whining and still goes from his belly, through the middle splits and pushes himself up...with his eyes closed. It is so sweet and so sad because he is so sad. But so cute. His therapists are trying to get him to sit up the conventional way, but I love the way he sits up. So i embrace it:)

Speaking of embracing it. Although it has been a long whole year with our sweet theo, sometimes it is still tender for me. Like when we hang out with "normal" babies his age and they are all standing and feeding themselves and almost walking and holding their heads up....and then i look at my baby and he can't even stand on his feet, has no interest in feeding himself and still kind of sits slumped over....I usually have a good cry for him and me. Cry that he is going to be teased or looked at funny or other silly reasons.  tThen I cuddle him that much longer. Cuddle my cuddly baby and realize how lucky I am to have a sweet cuddly baby who can still sleep in his bassinet by my bed because he doesn't stand or kneel so he won't fall out, can ly on my bed and he will lay with me, calmly and we can look into each others eyes and fall in love, or just hold him. And look into his sweet eyes and see that little glimpse of heaven. Of course I would never tell this to any of my mom friends because it is our little secret. And i don't want to brag how I have the best baby. The bany who doesn't cry when he is hungry, who doesn't cry when he wakes up but blows raspberries, who doesn't get into cupboards, and who can sit on my lap in church and enjoy sacrament with me:).

We are so blessed and i am so lucky to raise such a sweet baby. He is so precious. Brady and I can't even get enough of him. We could eat him he is that delicious. seriously, we have a hard time even putting him to bed because he is always so darn happy and smily and cuddly and fun to have around. he is a social laugher and will most of the time laugh if you laugh. No chuckle. haha its so cute! And jude, man he loves LOVES jude.All jude has to do is look at hiim and theo will crack up and give him a huge smile. Its adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment